These are the rules and regulations for our MTG Arena Gentry Leaderboard. Please read these carefully if you intend to play in the event, as they explain what is expected of you, as well as how to deal with unexpected situations.
– Be courteous.
– Do NOT ever engage in bribery, wagering, or trying to game the system.
– No insults, aggressiveness, or bad behaviour of any kind.
– If you witness or experience anything in violation of these rules please notify an Admin.
This event is in the Gentry format, so no more than 4 unique Rare/ Mythic Rare cards and no more than 15 uncommons are allowed. If you have any concerns about your opponent’s deck’s legality, please contact an admin on Discord.
The Gentry Leaderboard will be held over 4 weeks. Every player will play 4 rounds of Swiss play, with the possibility of a bye in case of uneven players. Every round will start at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and the final results must be reported by 11 p.m. on Mondays. You are to arrange a play moment with your opponent to play. If you can not, a final call will be on Monday at 8 p.m. If you and your opponent can’t reach an agreement and one of you can’t play on Monday night, that player will receive a Match Loss. Matches will be Best-of-1 format. Please take a screenshot of the Victory/Defeat screen and send it to one of the admins in the Discord.
Joining the Discord server is a ‘soft’ requirement. All rules and tournament structures are based around having the players there. If you choose not to or are unable to do so, send an email to the organiser at email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do.
By joining this tournament you agree to have your MTGA username and direct challenge code publicly posted on the Battlefy event page and in any potential publications. E-mail addresses used for registration will NOT be publicly available and only used for contacting players regarding issues when no other options are available. The actual players’ names are not mandatory, however if you provide them they will also be available on the Battlefy event page.
Dealing with issues:
– In case of a disconnect, attempt to reconnect as quickly as possible. If you fail to reconnect on time, you will sadly receive a Match Loss.
– If you think something is going wrong, just take screenshots. This is the best way to help us help you. We can’t promise to always be ready to answer you instantly, but we will definitely investigate issues as needed.